The Tories have a big majority on the council. Democracy suffers when one party is so dominant.
It’s time for a change!
Labour can't win here, so to balance up the council it has to be a vote for the Liberal Democrats.
In the local 2019 elections your candidate is Peter Davies.
Solihull is the 10th worst out of 36 Metropolitan councils in England for the frequency of robberies. We will fight for more Police resources for community policing.
Teachers are over-worked and under-funded. We say local schools should get a fairer slice of education funding.
We want Solihull to play a big part in building homes to meet demand. We'll push for genuinely affordable housing for first time buyers, and social housing too.
Solihull could lead the way to a healthy low-carbon economy. The council has to dispose of millions of single-use plastics each year, and you foot the bill in Council Tax. We can't recycle our way out of the plastic crisis, so let's reduce our use.
Councils can play a part in fighting climate change. We want wider encouragement in the use of public transport - not penalising drivers but by making buses and trains easier to use.
Solihull Hospital mustn't be run down in the name of regional efficiencies. We're pushing for better coordination between social services and the NHS to reduce bed blocking.
We will oppose short-sighted funding cuts to local organisations that help prevent illness and keep people out of hospital.
Prevention is better than cure!
GPs see increasing cases of self-harm, depression and drug dependency. Children with mental health problems wait too long for initial assessment, and schools struggle to provide support. We'll press for more resources.
Vote Peter Davies - Liberal Democrat - in 2019
The main problems we seek to change for the better in Elmdon-
(1) Crime prevention and detection-Police support
(2) Roads; congestion, rogue parking, pot-holes, speed awareness & consideration
(3) Conundrum of JLR- protect well paid jobs in Solihull but ensure that development goes with improvement of the local environment-support and protect our Elmdon Parks; balance of large and small local employers
(4) Education support our schools - dialogue and consultation
(5) Transport- support of public transport through consultation on development and move with times on car evolution
(6) use Social media platforms as well as traditional communication (meetings, surgeries and focus leaflets) to ensure dialogue and information with our Elmdon residents
That’s my pledge to you Elmdon residents
Published and promoted by Peter Davies on behalf of himself and the Solihull & Meriden Liberal Democrats, all at 466 Warwick Road, Solihull, B91 1AG.